These Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites Stuffed with Salted Caramel Almond Butter are perfect Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan friendly treats for days you need a little pick-me-up treat!
Let’s get real. Sometimes you just need a little somethin’-somethin’ to help you glide through the rest of the work week. It’s still technically Summer so I find the work-weeks even more painful than usual. That’s when it’s time to bust out a few of these babies. These Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites are stuffed with a homemade Salted Caramel Almond Butter that’s so good- you’ll put that Sh*t on everything. And when combined with ripe frozen bananas, dipped in luscious dark chocolate and decorated with your go-to sprinkles or nuts, they’re DA BOMB. Like literally, little tiny happiness bombs.
How to Make Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites
First, you’ll want to head on over to my post here where I walk you through how to make my irresistible Salted Caramel Almond Butter. It’s made with sticky dates instead of sugar with a hint of sea salt to balance things out. I love it on toast on the weekends, but it’s equally tasty as the glue holding my little vegan and gluten free Banana Bites together.
Okay, so next, is really just assembly. Get a large baking sheet chilled in freezer and line it with parchment paper or a silpat. Slice your bananas into small rounds and add a dollop of the Salted Caramel Almond Butter on top. Finish it with another slice of banana, then working quickly, dip it into the dark chocolate. It will start to solidify immediately, so if you’re gonna get in there with the sprinkles, you’ll want to hop on that STAT. The sprinkles are optional, and admittedly, not technically paleo, so if you’re strictly sticking to that diet, then just leave them out or use nuts.
Then I just pop my Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites back into the freezer to harden back up, and after just a few minutes, you can transfer them to a) a freezer bag for storage, or b) YOUR MOUTH. I highly recommend you go with option B.
You can also have fun with what you decide to decorate your Chocolate Dipped BananaBites with or even how you fill them. A basic nut butter will do if you want something less sweet. Play around with it, and get the kids involved! This is one healthy treat everyone will love. My hubby, for example, devoured the batch within a day. Totally wasn’t surprised.
So now I wanna know, what would you stuff your Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites with?
Have you tried my Salted Caramel Almond Butter yet?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites with Salted Caramel Almond Butter
Salted Caramel Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the almonds out onto two baking sheets and roast for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Transfer to a high-power blender or food processor and puree until very smooth, this can take about 10 minutes. Remove most of the almond butter to a bowl.
- Add the dates and puree until gummy, then add 1/4 cup of the almond milk, vanilla and salt. Continue to puree until super smooth and thick. If it needs a bit more help to get going, you can add the rest of the almond milk.
- Add the almond butter back in and puree the two together until smooth. Set aside.
- Top a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Dollop a bit of salted caramel almond butter onto half of the banana halves and top with the other half. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
Updated on November 22nd, 2019
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.