My favourite Gluten Free Chinese Five Spice Shrimp Stir Fry Sheet Pan Dinner, perfect for meal prep or freezer-friendly make ahead dinners!
Well, I’m about through the first month of motherhood and I have learned a hell of a lot. A big one? How grateful I am that I did a ton of batch-cooking and meal prep before baby came so I could have tasty treats like this gluten free Chinese five spice shrimp stir fry sheet pan dinner! I’ve already shared a few of my other sheet pan creations with you that I created in anticipation of babe. My buffalo chicken fingers sheet pan meal and my vegan chickpea sheet pan dinner have both been HUGE hits in this house since baby’s appearance, and I’m just as happy to switch things up with this gluten free Chinese five spice shrimp stir fry sheet pan dinner. As if stir fry wasn’t easy enough- now it is a one pan wonder that you DON’T have to babysit.
How to Make Gluten Free Chinese Five Spice Shrimp Stir Fry Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe is surprisingly simple to pull off. I make a quickie sauce packed with big bold flavours like ginger, sesame oil and my go-to, Chinese Five Spice!! Then I toss whatever veggies I’ve got in the fridge and some thawed frozen shrimp with the sauce and spread everything out onto the baking sheet.
Feel free to double, triple or quadruple the serving if you’re planning to batch cook and freeze this bad boy. This gluten free Chinese five spice shrimp stir fry sheet pan dinner has become one of my all-time favourite meals, and I’m not just saying that because I’m a totally sleep deprived momma. I still have serious standards when it comes to food, I don’t care how tired I get. Feel free to use this sauce and swap out the protein or veggies. It’s delicious with tofu or chicken, as well!
Become an Abbey’s Kitchen Subscriber
Now, I want to know, what are some of your favourite sheet pan dinners?
Have you tried this gluten free Chinese five spice shrimp stir fry sheet pan meal?
Leave me a comment below with some other ideas for easy batch cooking freezer-friendly options!
Gluten Free Chinese Five Spice Shrimp Stir Fry Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp gluten free hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 bell peppers multi-coloured, thinly sliced
- 1 small crown broccoli separated into florets
- 1 lb shrimp shelled and deveined
- White and black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, hoisin, soy, ginger, garlic, Chinese five spice, sesame and cornstarch.
- Grease two sheet pans and divide the veggies, shrimp and sauce. Toss well until coated.
- Roast for 12 minutes until everything is caramelized and cooked through.
- Top with white and black sesame seeds and serve with brown rice.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, an avid food writer and blogger, a cookbook author and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.