These three healthy fall holiday cocktails are lightened up drinks you won’t be able to resist. From Sangria, to Bourbon, to a morning Mimosa, serve these at your next holiday party guilt free!
Guys, I know I don’t have to tell you think but I do love my drinks. I love cocktails and I love entertaining, and I especially love the holidays. What I don’t love? Waking up with a double whammy booze and sugar hangover from too many rich, sickly sweet drinks! I’ve got an alternative here, folks! These three Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktails will become your go-tos for entertaining this season!
How to Make Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktails
So I call it balanced boozing. When I drink, I like to make sure I cut back on the booze (1 to 1 1/2 oz max), cut back on the sugar (try to avoid the super sweet simple syrups), and drink at least 1-2 cups of water between each cup of alcohol. These three healthy fall holiday cocktails are so flavourful, you can sip and savor each one and never feel deprived.
Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktail #1 : Pumpkin Pear Chai Bourbon Smash
This baby starts with Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktail starts with a chai tea and pumpkin based syrup that is far lower in sugar than any simple syrup you’ve ever seen. It’s gingery, sweet, and spicy and plays up the smoky bourbon beautifully.
Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktail #2 : Apple Pie Mimosa
This Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktail is super easy- it’s just cider, sparkling wine and a garnish of cinnamon on the rim. Sweet, refreshing and delicious!
Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktail #3 : Apple & Cranberry Kombucha Sangria
I am a sucker for sangria so I was dying to whip up this ginger Kombucha based drink. Load it up with lots of lemon, apple slices and tangy cranberries for a refreshing drink.
What are your favourite Healthy Fall Holiday Cocktails?
What cocktails would you like to see me lighten up for a little balanced boozing? Challenge me lovelies- I’ll take any excuse to up day drink lol!
Leave me a comment below with your go-to drinks!!
Pumpkin Pear Chai Bourbon Smash
- 8 oz Bourbon
- 12 oz pumpkin syrup recipe above
- 8-12 oz club soda depending how strong you like it
- 8 pieces candied ginger
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling, add in the pear, maple, pumpkin, ginger, pumpkin pie spice, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in the chai tea bag and vanilla, and let sit until fully cooled. Using a slotted spoon, remove all of the pear, ginger and tea bits and set aside.
- To make a cocktail, add the 1 oz bourbon, and 1 1/2 oz of the pumpkin syrup to a mixer with ice. Shake until well chilled, then strain into a cup. Top with club soda and garnish with a piece of candied ginger.
Apple Pie Mimosa
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 1/4 apple thinly sliced
- Lightly wet the rim of the champagne flutes and dip into the ground cinnamon.
- Put 2 oz of apple cider in each champagne flute and top with 3 oz of sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of apple.
Apple & Cranberry Kombucha Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine
- 2 cups ginger kombucha
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- Pour everything into a large jug with ice. Divide between glasses and enjoy!
Updated on April 30th, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.