A healthy overnight oats recipe for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast with matcha green tea and a rainbow of low calorie healthy fruits.
I’m an Irish girl, which means I have a familial obligation to go all out for St. Patrick’s Day.
But let’s be honest, I haven’t partied hard and made questionable decisions on St. Patrick’s Day since I was 19- true story, though, it was a rough night. These days, I can barely get through a second pint of Guinness nevermind dance and drink like the Irish do.
But what I can do is make a mean St. Patrick’s Day breakfast. This Matcha Green Tea powder Rainbow Overnight oats recipe is perfect for nursing a hangover. No, it’s not greasy and loaded with unnecessary fats. No, it’s not served by someone inquiring on whether or not you want fries with that. It’s just a really tasty St. Patty’s Day breakfast that you can make before you go out partying and make sure it’s ready to go for you the moment you crawl out of bed.
And trust me, you’ll need it. This year St. Patrick’s Day lands on a Thursday (March 17th) so you still have to get through Friday before you can officially call it quits. You’re going to need a hearty, satisfying, nutritious breakfast that is loaded with antioxidants and staying power. This is why these Matcha green tea oats rock so much. They have protein from the chia seeds and yogurt, fibre from the oats and berries, and a wide range of energizing antioxidants from the Matcha green tea powder and the “Rainbow” of fruit. These bad boys are “magically delicious”.
Trust me, you’re going to wish it was St. Patrick’s Day every day so that you can wake up to this rainbow of a meal. I got good news for you folks, you actually totally can. You’re welcome.
And check out the video version of this amazing recipe featuring my friend Matt from Fidel Gastros!
Become an Abbey’s Kitchen Subscriber
Matcha Rainbow Overnight Oats - St. Patrick's Day Breakfast
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp plain 0% Greek yogurt divided
- 1/2 very ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp powdered matcha green tea
- Honey if desired
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsps Blueberries
- 2 tbsps Strawberries finely minced
- 2 tbsps Mango finely minced
- 2 tbsps Kiwi finely minced
- 2 tbsps grapes quartered
- Shaved toasted coconut for garnish
- Add the oats, almond milk, ⅓ cup of yogurt, banana, chia seeds, matcha green tea powder, honey, if desired and salt into a mason jars. Stir or shake to combine. Transfer to the fridge over night.
- The next morning, layer with blueberries, strawberries, mango, kiwi and grapes. Garnish with a dollop more of Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of matcha and the shaved coconut.