These Mini Vegan Frozen S’mores Cupcakes made of nice cream make a portion-controlled healthy summer dessert that the whole family will love!
National S’mores Day just passed so to celebrate I’ve decided to dig DEEP into my little back of culinary tricks (and treats) and present to you my new obsession – these mini vegan frozen s’mores cupcakes. YAAAAS – you read that right. These are ALL those things AND a bag of chips (but not really, because there’s no chips in sight).
How to Make These Mini Vegan Frozen S’mores Cupcakes
Where there’s S’mores, there’s graham crackers, and while they’re technically supposed to be “honey” grahams, the reality is there’s typically no honey in sight (#marketing). Just check the ingredients, but a lot of the popular brands are actually vegan. I mix a few sheets of graham crackers with some chewy dates to make an easy frozen s’mores cupcakes crust. Next, the filling. I’m currently OBSESSSSSSSED with ice cream cake, so to lighten things up I made a chocolate nice cream filling. It’s legit just bananas, cocoa powder and a little coconut cream. Easy and honestly, ridiculously tasty all on its own. The last layer is really the critical one in making these vegan frozen s’mores cupcakes. You need some coconut cream, then a HEALTHY layer of mini marshmallows (vegan, if desired) and crushed graham crackers, then working quickly, you gotta torch them until toasty brown.
NOW I have a theory that you can tell a lot about a person based on how they like their marshmallow toasted. Personally, I’m partial to a full on BURNT marshmallow that you have to lift the charred shell off to uncover the creamy gooey middle beneath. That might get to be a bit challenging when you’re trying not to melt the nice cream layer below, so a light toasting is generally advised with these vegan frozen s’mores cupcakes. I will save my burn techniques for the campfire.
So loves, did you celebrate national s’mores day?
Have you tried these mini vegan frozen s’mores cupcakes?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Mini Vegan Frozen S’mores Cupcakes
- 1 cup roughly chopped vegan graham crackers about 4-5 sheets
- 1 1/4 cup dates pitted and minced
- 2 cups frozen sliced banana
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups mini vegan marshmallows
- 1/4 cup melted vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegan graham crackers crushed
- In a food processor, puree the crust ingredients until smooth. Pack into the bottom of 12 silicon muffin holders and pop in the freezer.
- Clean out the food processor and puree the bananas and cocoa powder until smooth. Divide between the 12 crusts.
- Top with coconut cream and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and carefully unmold. Place on a baking sheet and pack the tops with marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. Using a blow torch, lightly toast the marshmallows. Pack them back in the freezer for at least another 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate before serving and enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, an avid food writer and blogger, a cookbook author and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.