These homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are so easy to make! They only require a couple of simple ingredients and are made in a flash. These pizza bites are perfect as an easy appetizer.
These air fryer pizza rolls are such a delightful meal. There is such a satisfying crunch when you bite into them before finding yourself with a mouthful of melty cheese and pepperoni. What’s not to love about it?! While you can enjoy these as a snack for yourself (no judgement here!), they make for the perfect party appetizer as they’re such a great finger food.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works
If you have an air fryer then you’ll know just how crunchy these wonton wrapped pizza bites will come out. Need more reasons to try this?
- Crispy without having to be deep fried
- Vegan friendly
- Easy to make
- Kid friendly
Wonton wrappers — These can be found in the refrigerated aisle of the grocery store. They have been popularized enough that I’ve noticed them at regular grocery stores but if you can’t find them, try your local Asian grocer. I suggest double checking the one you purchase as traditionally, wonton wrappers are not vegan as it is made with eggs. Nasoya has vegan wonton wrappers.
Fillings — I picked vegan pepperoni, cheese, olives, and green peppers as my filling for my air fryer pizza rolls. You are more than welcomed to change things up and pick your own!
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1: Start by setting up a wrapping station with wonton wrapper covered with a clean dry tea towel, pizza sauce, mozzarella, pizza mix ins, and a small bowl of water. Place the wonton wrapper on a cutting board or a plate, spoon about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce.
Step 2: Place approximately 2 teaspoon of mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce.
Step 3: Add the pepperoni to the wrapper.
Step 4: Add a little bit of the rest of the toppings to the middle of the wrapper.
Step 5: Dip a finger in the bowl of water, and run along the edge of the wrapper and fold in half to form a triangle. Press down on the edges to seal it.
Step 6: Place it in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 360 F. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Garnish the air fryer pizza rolls with grated parmesan and Italian seasoning
It is easier to wrap the wonton wrapper when the pepperoni is cut up.
Do not over-stuff the wonton wrappers or the air fryer pizza rolls will leak or burst open.
If you don’t need these to be vegan, feel free to use regular pepperoni and shredded cheese. However, I suggest using a high-quality pepperoni to avoid filler ingredients.
Most wonton wrappers are not gluten-free. You’ll have to purchase speciality wonton wrappers or make your own with gluten-free flour for it to be gluten-free.
You can! You can either fill these ahead of time and keep them wrapped in the fridge for up to 2 days or you can air fry them then transfer them to an air tight container for up to 4 days. Simply add them back into the air fryer for a couple of minutes to reheat.
You can freeze these air fryer pizza rolls before or after air frying them. Just be sure to store them in an air tight container before freezing them. If uncooked, air fry them from frozen with an extra couple of minutes.
Feel free to use anything you would top a regular pizza with! Try mushrooms, ham, bacon bits, onions, basil, artichoke, and more. Avoid toppings that are high in water content as you don’t want the liquid to make your air fryer pizza rolls soggy. Alternatively, you can cook your toppings beforehand to make sure the water has been cooked out, like spinach, for example!
More Recipes You Might Like
Want more delicious air fryer recipes like these air fryer pizza rolls? Try these ones:
- CAULIFLOWER TOTS (EASY AIR FRYER RECIPE)
- AIR FRYER TOFU (EASY VEGAN RECIPE)
- HEALTHY CHICKEN NUGGETS (BLW & TODDLER FRIENDLY)
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls (Easy Appetizer)
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- ½ cup vegan pepperoni
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- 1 handful black olives
- Grated parmesan
- Italian seasoning
- Start by setting up a wrapping station with wonton wrapper covered with a clean dry tea towel, pizza sauce, mozzarella, pizza mix ins, and a small bowl of water.
- Place the wonton wrapper on a cutting board or a plate, spoon about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce, 2 teaspoon of mozzarella, a little bit of toppings to the middle of the wrapper. Dip a finger in the bowl of water, and run along the edge of the wrapper and fold it half to form a triangle. Press down on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat until you have 4-5 wonton wrappers packaged up (you can make more while the first batch is cooking)
- Place it in the Air fryer for 3 minutes at 360 F. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and italian seasoning
- It is easier to wrap the wonton wrapper when the pepperoni is cut up.
- Do not over-stuff the wonton wrappers or the air fryer pizza rolls will leak or burst open.
- If you don’t need these to be vegan, feel free to use regular pepperoni and shredded cheese. However, I suggest using a high-quality pepperoni to avoid filler ingredients.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.