These vegan grilled cauliflower steaks topped with a fresh peach romesco sauce make the perfect weeknight summer dinner.
Grilling cauliflower isn’t new to me, but I’m excited to share this new grilled cauliflower recipe because it stars one of my fave summer fruits- peaches. Perfect for your next meatless dinner night, these vegan grilled cauliflower steaks topped with a fresh peach romesco sauce is the ultimate summer meal. It’s got sweetness, tanginess and a smokiness you won’t want to miss. Here’s how to make it.
How to Make Peach Romesco Sauce
Traditional romesco sauce is made of roasted red peppers, garlic, almonds, tomatoes, parsley, sherry vinegar and spices. It’s good, trust me. But adding fresh summer peaches makes it ah-maz-ing.
Trust me when I say that you are going to want to put this peach romesco sauce on practically EVERYTHING. But for now, we’re topping our grilled cauliflower steaks with this addictive sauce. In a food processor, mix the roasted red peppers, peaches, almonds, garlic, parsley, mint, vinegar and olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until your steaks are ready!
How to Make Vegan Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
When I first started making cauliflower steaks, the most difficult part was cutting slices out of a head of cauliflower, but since then I’ve picked up a few tricks. First, cut the cauliflower and half. With one half, cut off a 1-inch steak from the cut side. Do the same thing with the other half. Voila, you’ve got some steaks that are ready to be grilled! Season the cauliflower steaks with some olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and salt and pepper. Now it’s time to grill those steaks on the barbecue.
IMPORTANT TIP: instead of throwing out the leftover cauliflower use them as a side dish or in a soup! I usually steam them for Baby E because they’re a favourite food. No waste here, at Abbey’s Kitchen.
Top with our addictive freshly made peach romesco sauce and dinner is served! Make it for your next dinner party and easily become everyone’s favourite person.
Have you tried grilled cauliflower steaks yet?
Would you top these cauliflower steaks with my peach romesco sauce?
How do you like to prepare cauliflower for a summer dish?
Let me know below and leaving a comment below!
If you liked this post, you may like:
Vegan Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Peach Romesco Sauce
Peach Romesco Sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Toasted sliced almonds
- 1 peach diced
- Mint leaves
- Parsley leaves
- To a food processor, add the red peppers, peaches, almonds, garlic, parsley, mint, vinegar, and olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, cut each cauliflower in half down the core, then cut one 1-inch steak from the cut side of one half, and another 1 inch steak from the cut side of the other half. Repeat with the second cauliflower. Keep any remaining bits for a side dish or soup.
- Preheat grill over medium high heat. In a large bowl or dish, rub the cauliflower with the olive oil, lemon juice and paprika. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cook with the lid closed for 6-9 minutes on each side or until fork-tender and lightly charred.
- Serve the cauliflower with the romesco sauce, topped with almonds, peaches, lemon zest, mint and parsley.
Updated on July 21st, 2020
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.