These Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds are a delicious Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto Zoodles Dinner that the whole family will love!
Sometimes you just need a bowl of pasta. I totally appreciate that. But sometimes you have your heart set on a super creamy dreamy sauce that you’re willing to sacrifice the carbs. Today was one of those days and the reason I was craving these Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles. If you like a luscious creamy sauce, you’re going to LOVE these zoodles.
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles
So admittedly I’m a bit of an expert in zoodles (aka zucchini noodles). I have oodles of zoodles recipes for things like Carbonara, Pad Thai, Vodka Sauce, and so much more. I spent like a whole week trying to perfect the world of zoodle-making to yield firm and non-soggy zoodles. I’m happy to say that while it almost killed me, I pulled it off. The key is to use osmosis. I’ve shared my technique in my video here, so you should definitely check it out to get the full scoop and then meet me back here to make a creamy pumpkin sauce.
Got it? Amazing. So for the Creamy Pumpkin sauce for our zucchini noodles, I start by caramelizing an onion until it’s sweet and golden brown. Like, don’t rush this step, it’s the best part of any meal. Then I mix together some canned pumpkin (hey, you’ve probably got half a can lying around somewhere from the holidays), ricotta cheese, milk, and lots of parmesan. OMG it’s so good.
I top my Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles with the spiced pumpkin seeds I made earlier, but you can totally just use toasted seeds if you’re in a pinch. The result is keto friendly, gluten free, low carb, crazy simple, and is LEGIT the best thing you’ll eat all week.
Yep, I’m pretty pumped about eating this one all year long.
What’s your favourite sauce to pair with zoodles?
Have you tried these Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles?
Leave me a comment below with your FAVOURITE pasta or noodle dish of all time so I transform it into a healthier zoodle version!
Creamy Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with a few layers of paper towel. Lay the zucchini noodles down and sprinkle with salt. Top with another few layers of paper towel, a cutting board and some heavy items like books or pots. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the noodles to a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove the salt.
- Refresh the paper towels on the baking sheet with a few new layers. Gently squeeze and shake the zoodles and lay them down on the paper towel. Top with a few more layers of paper towel, the cutting board and the heavy items. Let dry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium low heat and add the onion. Cook for about 50-60 minutes until deeply caramelized and golden brown. Add in the garlic and sage and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin, ricotta, milk, parmesan, maple, cinnamon and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat until warmed through and bubbling and the graininess of the ricotta disappears, Add in the zoodles and toss until everything is well coated and the zucchini are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Divide between plates and top with additional parmesan and pumpkin seeds.