This Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Fingers Sheet Pan Dinner with Roasted Carrots and Celery is a simple one pan wonder that also make great freezer meals for crazy nights.
REAL TALK HERE LOVELIES. Being a mom is probably one of the coolest, most rewarding experiences that I could ever dream up. But fuck, it’s really hard. I’m running on mere moments of broken mediocre sleep, hasn’t had a shower in a week, believe that flossing my teeth is a new luxury and am HANGRY all the time. Man, breastfeeding is brutally hard and exhaustive. If I can give any advice to the mama-to-be’s out there (aside from enjoying the shitty sleep you are getting during pregnancy-I know you want to punch people in the face when you hear that), it’s to do some batch cooking ahead of time. I made a huge batch of this gluten free buffalo chicken fingers sheet pan dinner and it’s been a total Gd sent over the past few days. It was so easy to throw together while I was awaiting baby’s arrival, since it legit only requires dirtying up one pan, and is SO delicious, you’ll wish you had an entire freezer full of the stuff.
How to Make Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Fingers Sheet Pan Dinner
So let’s talk comfort cravings. Clearly, I LOVE anything buffalo wing flavoured. I mean, I’ve made some bad ass buffalo tacos, and recently perfected these buffalo cauliflower steaks – it was just a matter of time I took things back to basics with these gluten free buffalo chicken fingers. To whip these bad boys up, you need a simple dredging station with some gluten free flour, panko and a buffalo sauce for flavour and colour. Things can get a little messy if you screw up the wet finger / dry finger scenario, but once it’s on the baking sheets you’ll realize what a crazy easy recipe this is.
When I was prepping for baby, I tripled this gluten free buffalo chicken fingers sheet pan dinner (hey, if you’re going to dredge, you might as well dredge all day), so that we could enjoy half a batch for dinner, and then a lot more for later. Now my only challenge is going to be trying to stretch these tasty meals out at least a few more months. I’ve also got a really tasty Vegan Chickpea and Cauliflower sheet pan meal and some cabbage roll enchiladas to rotate through, too. But in a few weeks, if you wanna send reinforcements, I’ll ALWAYS accept free food.
Become an Abbey’s Kitchen Subscriber
So loves, tell me have you tried making this gluten free buffalo chicken fingers sheet pan dinner?
What kind of easy meals would you like turned into a sheet pan dinner?
What freezer meals saved you as a new mom?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Fingers Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs toasted in a pan
- 1/3 gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 pack of Ranch dip mix
- 1 cup plain 2% greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In one bowl place the toasted panko breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter, with hot sauce, garlic, and egg.
- Dip the chicken tenders into the flour, then the egg mixture, then the panko and divide between two greased baking sheets.
- Toss the carrots and celery with the olive oil and scatter around the chicken. Sprinkle everything with fleur de sel. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 F and is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ranch dip mix and yogurt.
- To serve, drizzle with the dip and serve with your favourite grain like rice or quinoa.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, an avid food writer and blogger, a cookbook author and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.