These Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs are coated in a Homemade Vegan White Chocolate that is easy for the whole family to decorate with different colours, sprinkles and candies!
I was raised pretty much agnostic, so Easter to me wasn’t about a trip to church, it was about a massive sugar high. Our local park hosted a massive Easter egg hunt where all of the kids had to fight it out for chocolate. We also, of course, did round two at home, and I always thought it was hilarious when we would find a rogue mini egg months later.
Well, if you haven’t noticed, I’m loving the Easter recipes right now. I just made Mini-Egg Protein Pancakes and OMG they are good. I don’t know if it’s part of “nesting” as a new momma-to-be, as I look forward to some of the traditions my parents had for me, or if it’s just that I love the pretty Spring colours. Either way, I was pretty jazzed when I came up with these Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs. These are ALMOST too pretty to eat- almost being the operative word!
How to Make Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs
This starts with our rice krispies treats that we all love and adore so much. I make mine a little healthier by combining brown rice cereal with nutrient-dense almond butter, coconut and flaxseed for some Omega 3s, fibre and protein! This totally helps me justify the extra sprinkles on top!
Next we make our homemade vegan white chocolate! While you could use store-bought white chocolate if you’re not vegan, to make your own, you’ll just need some cocoa butter, coconut oil, powdered sugar and of course, vanilla!! Then you just have to colour yours using natural food dyes and decorate to your little hearts delight!
Tell me these Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs are not ADORBS!! I mean, let’s be real, if you let a child do this, they probably won’t be so detailed, but they will be JUST as delicious, and ultimately, that’s all that matters.
Become an Abbey’s Kitchen Subscriber
Now, I want to know what some of your family’s Easter traditions were growing up?
Did you have an Easter Egg hunt?
Would you consider making these Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs as a new tradition?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispies Easter Eggs with Homemade Vegan White Chocolate
- In a small saucepot, heat the maple and almond butter until hot, soft and bubbling.
- To a bowl, mix the cereal, coconut and flax. Add the maple almond mixture and stir until well coated.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat. Shape the cereal mixture into eggs, insert a skewer or popsicle stick and place on the silpat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the cocoa butter and coconut oil and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a standmixer, and slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla and divide into four bowls.
- Add natural food colouring to the four bowls.
- Holding onto the popsicle stick or skewer, dip the eggs into one of the bowls of white chocolate. Transfer to the silpat. Continue, alternating colours, with the other eggs.
- Transfer the remaining white chocolate to piping bags and pipe designs on the eggs. Add sprinkles and candies to your liking.
- Transfer to the silpat and to the freezer for 5 minutes to set up. Once set, you can remove the popsicle stick (or leave it on for easy eating!) Enjoy!
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, an avid food writer and blogger, a cookbook author and the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc.