This NEW AND IMPROVED Vegan Keto Walnut Chili is a delicious Gluten Free, High Protein, Low Carb Dinner Recipe that vegans and carnivores alike will want to CRUSH.
So this winter has been a real doozy. I’m sure if you’re reading this from your balcony in LA you’re probably like “WTF is this chick talking about?” but for the rest of us east coasters or Canadians, the struggle has been REAL. Honestly, sometimes the only thing that gets me through the cold nights is a warm meal (sorry salad, you’re out). This is where this Vegan Keto Walnut Chili totally comes into play.
How to Make this low carb Vegan Keto Walnut Chili recipe
So I was inspired to make this Vegan Keto Walnut Chili from a Marilyn Denis segment I did for heart health. Walnuts are such a heart healthy ingredient, since they have about twice as many antioxidants as other nuts, and they pack both monounsaturated fats and omega 3s. I was brainstorming yummy easy ways to incorporate them in a recipe that was more than just a sprinkle on top and this recipe came to me. When crushed really fine, walnuts actually have a similar texture as ground beef but without the saturated fat. It also makes this recipe for Vegan Keto Walnut Chili totally safe for my plant-based friends, yet CRAZY satiating across the board.
In addition to the walnuts, this Vegan Keto Walnut Chili has a lot of other really heart healthy ingredients going on. Tomatoes and bell peppers are rich in lycopene which is an amazing antioxidant. And dark chocolate is everyone’s favourite antioxidant. I will take any excuse to eat more chocolate!
This new and improved vegan keto walnut chili has 10 grams of net carbs, 28 grams of fat, and 353 calories per serving making it the perfect high protein low carb vegetarian keto recipe.
What’s your favourite meal for staying warm this winter?
Have you tried my Vegan Keto Walnut Chili?
Want to try another tasty chili? Check out this super decadent Chocolate Chili here!
Vegan Keto Walnut Chili
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
- 5 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 peppers large chipotle in adobo minced
- 2 green bell peppers finely diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups soy meat crumbled
- 1 cup raw walnuts minced
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp Sliced radishes
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery and cook for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir until fragrant, about another 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chipotle, tomato paste, tomatoes, water, coconut milk, soy meat, walnuts and cocoa powder. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until thick and the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with avocado, radishes, and cilantro.