This easy Breakfast Keto Bagel Recipe is made with Eggs are flavoured like your favourite bagels including Everything Bagel seasoning, Sesame, Cheese and Jalapeno & Poppyseed.
I married into a Jewish family, so guess what, I’m culturally required to love bagels. Well I have a big, fat Jewish-convert secret: I don’t really care for them. They’re dense, doughy, and they tend to sit in my stomach like a ton of bricks and leave me hungry again hours later. Eggs on the other hand really fuel my morning, so I sought out to make this keto bagel recipe with EGGS and dress them up JUST like our favourite Jewish eggs.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works
This easy bagel recipe is SO easy to make a big batch for a crowd or even to prep for the week ahead as a make ahead grab-and-go breakfast. I also love this recipe because it’s
- Super customizable (I included a few of my favorite different topping options below)!
- Quick to make, only takes about 15 minutes
- Gluten Free
- Only requires 3 main ingredients – Eggs, oil, and salt/pepper.
Eggs – Eggs are the key ingredient to keep this recipe low carb and still absolutely delicious. They are packed with protein from the egg whites with just a little fat in the yolk.
Toppings – My personal favorite type of bagel is the iconic everything spice. I love everything bagel EVERYTHING (I put it on mac and cheese, devilled eggs, and chicken breasts), so that’s my go to breakfast keto bagel, but I have also made poppyseed, sesame seed and a jalapeno cheddar flavour.
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1: Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Step 2: Lightly grease 12 donut molds and divide the egg mixture between the molds.
Step 3: Top with your choice in bagel toppings and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until the eggs puff up and are cooked through.
This recipe for breakfast keto bagels is more about the tool (aka the donut pan) than it is about the actual recipe because it’s embarrassingly easy. You can find a donut pan at many local stores or you can use this one linked here.
These bagels can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
To jazz up this recipe you could totally add whatever herbs or veggies you’ve got in the house. You could even make this JUST like a real bagel by smearing it with a little cream cheese.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for other keto recipes like this keto bagel recipe? Check out some of my favorite keto recipes below!
- ZUCCHINI LASAGNA ROLL UPS (LOW CARB & KETO FRIENDLY)
- EGG ROLL IN A BOWL (KETO FRIENDLY)
- CREAMY PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- KETO GRILLED AVOCADO BRUSCHETTA
So loves, have you tried making this keto bagel recipe? What is your FAVOURITE bagel flavour? Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!
Breakfast Keto Bagels with Eggs
- Oil for greasing
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- Sesame Seeds
- Grated cheddar
- Minced jalapeno
- Everything bagel spice see note* for recipe
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease 12 donut molds and divide the egg mixture between the molds.
- Top with your choice in bagel toppings and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until the eggs puff up and are cooked through.
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian (RD), regulated by the Ontario College of Dietitians. She is a mom, YouTuber, Blogger, award winning cookbook author, media coach specializing in food and nutrition influencers, and a frequent contributor to national publications like Healthline and on national broadcast TV shows.